BHPK Law has extensive experience representing self-insureds, insurance companies, and policy holders in cases where a claim has been made or a lawsuit has been filed against an insured. Led by Rick Brody and a team of experienced partners and associates, our attorneys routinely handle cases from the pre-litigation stage all the way through trial and appeal in every state and federal forum, as well as before many administrative agencies. We also assist claimants, insureds, and insurers with insurance policy coverage issues, including bad faith, professional responsibility, property damage, errors and omissions, and commercial general liability exposure.
Our experienced trial lawyers handle the entire variety of insurance matters, including:
- Construction claims, including property loss and catastrophic personal injuries;
- Major fire losses involving both substantial property damage as well as loss of life and serious permanent physical injuries;
- Premises liability actions involving hotels, motels, bars, vacant buildings, commercial establishments, and others;
- Automobile accidents and catastrophic trucking accidents;
- General liability claims;
- Professional liability claims representing lawyers in legal malpractice claims, insurance agents and brokers, design professionals, and real estate agents and brokers for errors and omissions;
- Products liability defense on behalf of manufacturers, product designers, sellers, distributors, and end users;
- Toxic tort litigation, including lead-based substances, pesticides, and mold;
- Liquor Liability; and
- Bad faith and unfair claim practice litigation for both first and third party claims.
We are committed to providing cost-effective and individualized solutions without compromising service or results. While an aggressive defense may often be necessary, other methods – such as mediation, arbitration, or pre-suit negotiation – may be more appropriate. Our attorneys have the knowledge and experience to help determine the best course of action for the most favorable and efficient result.