Our Insurance Defense and Coverage Practice Serving Suffolk County Massachusetts
Led by founding partner Richard Brody and partner Jocelyn Sedney, Brody, Hardoon, Perkins & Kesten, LLP has been retained by self-insureds, insurance companies, and policy holders in cases where suit has been filed against an insured. The practice covers claims filed across the Commonwealth from Boston to the Berkshires, from Lowell to the Cape. BHPK has historically provided comprehensive and sophisticated representation spanning from claims evaluation and coverage analysis to defense of claims. At BHPK, our trial attorneys efficiently and effectively handle cases from the pre-litigation stage through trial and appeal in all state and federal trial and appellate courts. All of our attorneys are also experienced in mediation, arbitration, and negotiation. We do not perform unnecessary tasks at the expense of our clients and have a long history of creatively controlling costs without compromising service or results. BHPK has developed particular expertise in handling claims such as those listed below:
- Construction claims including property loss and catastrophic personal injuries;
- Major fire losses involving both substantial property damage as well as loss of life and serious permanent physical injuries;
- Premises liability actions involving hotels and motels, vacant buildings, commercial establishments, and others;
- Automobile accidents and catastrophic trucking accidents;
- General liability claims;
- Products Liability;
- Professional liability claims representing lawyers in legal malpractice claims, insurance agents and brokers, design professionals, and real estate agents and brokers for errors and omissions;
- Product liability defense on behalf of manufacturers, product designers, sellers, distributors, and end users;
- Toxic tort litigation including lead based substances, pesticides, and mold;
- Liquor Liability; and
- Bad faith and unfair claim practice litigation for both first and third party claims.
BHPK also assists claimants, insureds, and insurers with insurance policy coverage issues. We have been retained to evaluate a broad spectrum of coverage issues, including bad faith, professional responsibility, property damage, errors and omissions, and commercial general liability exposure. Our attorneys are experienced in declaratory relief litigation and pride ourselves on consistently obtaining results that are beneficial to our clients.
To schedule a confidential consultation with a lawyer at Brody, Hardoon, Perkins & Kesten, LLP, please call our Boston law office at (617) 880-7100 or complete our online contact form.